Adding a facebook like button or like box to your website is a great way for you to get fans to LIKE your website. It puts a button right in the sidebar of your site, that your site visitors can click on to LIKE you on facebook. Once they LIKE you, your facebook updates will appear on their wall.
This is a great way to link your website to your facebook fan page and gain additional exposure and attention for your website.
Inserting a LIKE Button will simply put a button on your site, while inserting a LIKE box, will put a LIKE button in addition to your fans and more.
This video will show you the process:
Here is the process to add a Facebook LIKE BUTTON or LIKE BOX to your website:
- Go to http://developers.facebook.com/plugins
- Click on the option you want to add – Like Button, Like Box, or another profile plugin.
- Fill in the options – putting the URL of your Facebook Fan Page in the URL box (do not leave it as the default page) – also pay attention to the width – something around 250 – 280 should work on most themes.
- Click Get Code
- Copy the Code
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Drag a TEXT Widget into the sidebar in the position you want it to appear on your website
- Paste the code into the text box (this is the code facebook gave you)
- Click Save.
There you have it, your facebook feed or a LIKE button, or both – are now in the sidebar on your website, linking your website to your facebook page.
If you don’t like the way it appears, delete the text widget, then go back and do the process again until you get what you like.
Note: In the example above, I am working on a website with multiple sidebars, your site may have just one sidebar depending on the theme.
This is Video #2 in this Facebook Video Series.