Webinar #4 – Inside the WordPress Dashboard
Webinar #4 covers the following topics:
Customizing the Dashboard (to fit your monitor)
Make Windows Larger – Minimize Left Column
Working in Posts and Pages
Toggle Full Screen – Insert Horizontal Rule Line – Using Spell Check
What to do when Something Won’t Work – Refresh
Spacing of Text – Formatting – Using Preview Function
Working with Pictures – Inserting, Linking, Borders, Spacing
Click an Image Below to begin Video Play.
Part 1 covers finding buttons in the editor, customizing the dashboard for your monitor, enlarge a window, toggle full screen, inserting a horizontal rule line, using spell check.
Part 2 covers what to do if something isn’t working right, how to preview a page, dividing sections of a page, how to link from within a page or post.
Part 3 covers how to insert an image into a post or page, working with images, borders, spacing etc., how to properly paste text from other programs including Word.
Other Webinar Recordings:
Webinar #1 included topics such as:
- The history of searching for a web site that actually works.
- Why we build web sites the way we do
- How we give you control or your own web site
- The advantages of using wordpress for a web site platform vs. a static html web site
- what a brand new wordpress web site looks like – before the theme design and install
- and much more.
Click Here to watch Webinar #1.
Webinar #2 teaches the following:
- How to login to the dashboard of the new site
- How to create a web page
- Where web pages show up on the site
- How to create a blog post
- Where blog posts show up on the site
- Why you should post new content regularly
- How to create a photo gallery
- How to manage images within a photo gallery
- How to insert a photo gallery into a web page or blog post
Click Here to Watch Webinar #2.
Webinar #3 teaches the following:
- How to access all the buttons in the editor
- How to back up your work
- How to save a page or post
- Advantages and Disadvantages of working in a web based program
- Re-sizing pictures for your web site (shortcut)
- How to properly structure a web page or blog post for search engines
- How to balance a web page or blog post for site visitors and search engines
- How to schedule a blog post to publish at a future date
Click Here to Watch Webinar #3
Webinar #5 covers the following topics:
- How to Change your Password / Profile
- Visual vs. Html Editor
- Pasting Plain Text into a WordPress Post or Page
- Pasting from a Word Document into a Post or Page
- Working with Sidebar Widgets
- Updating Plugins in WordPress
- Uploading External Files – then linking to them from within a Post or Page
- Creating a Printable Form – such as an Order Form
- Creating a Contact Form
4 Replies to “Webinar #4 – Inside the WordPress Dashboard”