I have been getting a lot of questions about managing subscribers lately.
How do I see my subscribers? How do I add a subscriber? What is a confirmed subscriber?
Therefore, in typical Taking Aim Marketing fashion, I created a video showing you exactly how to manage your e-mail subscribers.
Below is a video showing you the following:
- How to see your subscribers list
- How to tell who is confirmed and who is not
- How to manually confirm a subscriber
- How to re-send the subscription confirmation e-mail to a unconfirmed subscriber
- How to edit the e-mails that are sent to subscribers notifying them of a new item
Watch the Video at the bottom of this page to see it in action.
Here’s how it works:
- You put a Subscribe by E-Mail box on your website – either in posts, pages or a widget (using the subscribe2 plugin)
- Website visitors enter their E-Mail address in the box provided, making them an unconfirmed subscriber.
- Unconfirmed Subscribers are automatically sent a confirmation e-mail (giving you permission to e-mail them – they must click the confirm link)
- After confirming their subscription by clicking the link, they become confirmed subscribers. They will then receive an e-mail notification each time you add a new post (not page)
Getting E-Mail Subscribers is a great way to stay in front of your audience, keeping them informed on all the latest you have to offer. (without you having to do any extra work, such as sending an e-mail)
Make sure you put your Subscribe by E-Mail box everywhere you can on your website, without “wearing out your welcome.”
To put a Subscribe by E-Mail box in a blog post (like I did below), simple place your cursor where you want the box to appear, then click on the YELLOW S2 button in the editor above (top right of editor buttons).
The code will automatically be places and your Subscribe by E-mail box will be in the post, like this:
If you see the Subscribe by E-mail box, that means you are not subscribed to this website, (you might want to do that now).
If you see something like, You may manage your subscription options from your profile – you are already Subscribed to this Website (smart move).